The following subjects are part of the Social Science Faculty:
Key Stage 3:
Cultural Studies, Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) and Careers Education,
Key Stage 4
BTEC Health and Social Care, GCSE Citizenship, Careers Education and PSHE.
The Social Science Faculty aims are listed below.
- To encourage students to respect the rights of others.
- To encourage students to take on responsibilities in an appropriate manner.
- To encourage awareness of local, national and international topical events and how those events affect their lives.
- To develop students’ basic knowledge and understanding of religious beliefs, rituals and practices.
- To encourage tolerance, respect and acceptance of others’ beliefs, practices and lifestyles.
- To help students understand which choices make for a healthy lifestyle.
- To develop self-esteem and confidence.
- To become independent learners.
- To educate students about careers and prepare students for their life ahead.
In addition we encourage all students to voice their opinions in school and take up responsibilities in the wider school community.
You can follow the Social Science Faculty on Twitter