Teaching and Learning
The Emerson Park Academy curriculum aims to offer a broad balance of essential and wider experiences so that each pupil can find something they enjoy and something in which they can succeed. We provide an inclusive range of opportunities, engaging with every pupil to achieve their full potential in a learning culture that is challenging, stimulating, inspirational and enjoyable.
We aim to help our pupils:
- Develop lively and enquiring minds, capable of questioning intelligently and arguing rationally;
- Apply themselves to tasks and develop physical skills;
- Acquire the knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and employment in a rapidly changing world;
- Instil respect for religious and moral values and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life;
- Understand the world in which they live, and the independence of individuals, groups and nations;
- Use number and language effectively.