A message to Year 11 from Head of Year - Miss Tolan
I just wanted to touch base with you before you return on Monday. Firstly, please make sure you have read the information sent out on parentmail/on the school website.
Important things to note:
1. When you arrive at school you should go through the entrance near F2 and go out to the Quad area near the H block - this is your space as a year group to spend any recreational time at school.
2. You will be in a KS4 bubble with Year 10. This means most of your lessons will be in the new H block. The only time you will leave the H block will be to go to subject-specific areas - Science, Food Technology, Construction, Art and PE. The rooms that you will use in these areas will only be used by KS4.
3. At break time you will not have access to the canteen so bring a snack. Don't forget, we are a nut-free school as there are students onsite with air born nut allergies.
4. Lunchtime is only 30 mins and a packed lunch is preferred. If you do want canteen food, you must pre-order this during form time and there will be a 'grab and go' service. It’s important you have money on your account to collect your food.
5. We expect you to be in full uniform, please ensure you arrive dressed appropriately and remember that the following are not acceptable:
- Extreme hairstyles and colours
- False Nails
- False Lashes
6. Face masks will be mandatory for all students when moving around the school. The Head has requested you wear a plain navy mask or a disposable surgical mask. If you are exempted from wearing a mask, please bring a letter from home and I will contact your parents.
Monday morning you will have an extended form time with your tutor, so they can go through all the information you will need to be aware of while at school. If you have any questions or concerns you can use this time to ask your form tutor.
Your new Form rooms are as follows:
11B1 - Mrs Hampton - H6
11B2 - Ms Boyse - H9
11C1 - Ms Ragbir - H3
11C2 - Mrs Palm - S3
11H1 - Mrs Francis/Turner - F1
11H2 - Mr Parry - H10
11R1 -Mr Wing - H11
11R2 - Mr Reynolds - H12
Lastly, If you have any work that you completed at home during the school closure don’t forget to bring it in with you to hand into staff for feedback.
I’m looking forward to welcoming you back,
Revision and Examination Preparation
Below you will find some booklets that offer support.
Also please refer to our separate Study Skills page here.