A message to Year 8 from Head of Year - Mr Harris
I just wanted to touch base with you before you return on Monday. As many of you will know, I am a teacher from the PE department and have recently been appointed as your Head of Year. I am looking forward to getting to know you all as we begin this academic year.
Please ensure that you read all of the information below to ensure that you are prepared for your first day back on Monday.
Important things to note:
1. When you arrive at school you should stay in the front playground/basketball courts until the bell sounds for form time. This is your space as a year group to spend any recreational time at school.
You should then go through the entrance near A2 and up the stairs to the B corridor to your allocated form room.
2. You will be in a KS3 bubble as a year group. Therefore, this means the majority of your lessons will be in the B/C corridor. The only time you will leave the B/C corridor will be to go to subject-specific areas - Science, Music, Art and PE. The rooms that you will use in these areas will only be used by KS3.
3. At break time you will not have access to the canteen so bring a snack. Don't forget, we are a nut-free school as there are students onsite with air born nut allergies.
4. Lunchtime is only 30 mins and a packed lunch is preferred. If you do want canteen food, you must pre-order this during form time and there will be a 'grab and go' service. It’s important you have money on your account to collect your food. Please note that students will not be able to see the value on their account at school as the readers will not be used.
5. We expect you to be in full uniform, please ensure you arrive dressed appropriately and remember that the following are not acceptable:
- Extreme hairstyles and colours
- False Nails
- False Lashes
6. Face masks will be mandatory for all students when moving around the school. The Head has requested you wear a plain navy mask or a disposable surgical mask. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please bring a letter from home and I will contact your parents.
On Monday morning you will have an extended form time with your tutor, so they can go through all the information you will need to be aware of whilst at school. If you have any questions or concerns you can use this time to ask your form tutor.
Your new Form rooms are as follows:
8B1 – Ms Coupe -B2
8B2 – Mr Kerr -B3
8C1 – Mr Wheeler-B4
8C2 – Ms Purcell & Ms Barrows -C4
8H1 – Mrs Morris & Mr Coombes -B5
8H2 – Mrs Gallimore -B7
8R1 – Mrs Ozmen & Ms Cangil -B6
8R2 – Mr Thurley -B1
I’m looking forward to welcoming you all back.