Message from Mr McGuinness
Dear Parents and Carers
I am writing to you as we enter the new phase of coming out of Covid-19 measures.
Following my update to you last week on the new procedures and practices I am glad to say school is finally starting to feel ‘normal’ again.
With the first round of mock exams undertaken and the next set of assessments about to begin the data for our Year 11 pupils looks very encouraging. There is a long way to go in terms of knowledge that needs to be acquired, but only a few months left until they will be sitting their GCSEs.
We are very much on a progressive journey and it is important to remind ourselves of the successes we have enjoyed in recent years.
Some notable achievements can be seen in this list –
- Grade 5-9 in both Maths and English 7% above the national average
- Grade 4-9 in both English and Maths 5% above the national average and an increase of 12% in five years
- The average A*-C/4-9 pass rate of all subjects has increased by 16.9% in five years.
- Girls’ attainment at 4-9 English and maths combined is 2nd of the 18 Havering Secondary schools.
- Girls’ attainment at 5-9 English and maths combined is also 2nd of the 18 Havering Secondary schools.
- Boys and Girls (combined) attainment at 5-9 English and maths combined is 7th of the 18 Havering Secondary schools.
- All of the key data benchmarks from the School Comparison Tool (DFE) are above national averages
- The average A*-C/4-9 pass rate for all GCSE subjects is 87.3%
In addition the following data applies to our Pupil premium group:
- The grade 4-9 English pass rate up 6.6%
- The grade 4-9 Maths pass rate up 19.7%
- All GCSE entries passed at grade 5-9 up 19.8%
- All GCSE entries passed at grade 4-9 up 19.5%
- English and Maths combined at grade 4-9 up 17.0%
This is not an exhaustive list but gives us a reminder of how well we are doing and I look forward to another great set of results in the summer.
Many thanks for the support you continue to give your children and, working together, we will continue to make such progress.